151 ‘Freelancer.com’ Reviews
This site ( freelancer.com ) tries to get the project money from both .
Client and the developer ,,,,,,,,, Although my last Job is fully completed and finished ,,,,,,,, freelancer.com does not allow me to with draw my money ,,,,,,, and tell me the only way to spend your money during paying again to freelancer.com .
It is number one scam site in the world .
1. Support team of freelancer never work.
- create ticket from Created: 08 September 2015 12:31 AM and no one answer me until now 14 November 2015
ticket ID : View Ticket: #LMX-484-60806
2. Can't withdraw money and i got automatic email. And don't show how to resolve it. Create new ticket and i think will never get response . Here is email i got
Unfortunately we were unable to process your withdrawal request:
Withdraw amount: $220.66 USD
Requested on: Nov 6, 2015 at 8:29 PM ICT
Request ID: 1205186
Payment Gateway: Paypal
Decline reason: Funds originated from an account that is currently under review.
For any enquiries or help with making this withdrawal request, please contact us at [email protected]
3. After accept project lost 10% and never get it again.
- I lost 50$ when accept project and can't communicate with employer again.
translate to my country language:
Tránh xa freelancer.com vì bạn sẽ phát điên vì nó . Nó không hoàn toàn lừa đảo nhưng gây ức chế và sẽ giữ tiền của bạn mà không có cách nào liên hệ để phản đối
1. trung tâm hỗ trợ của nó không hoạt động. Muốn nhờ trợ giúp thì cũng bằng không. 3,4 tháng không có phản hồi gì
2. Nó giữ tiền của mình và không có hướng dẫn cụ thể khi có lỗi. Chờ nó support thì đến mùa quít
3. Nhận dự án là mất 10% kể cả có đặt cọc cũng vẫn là mất.
Làm dự án vài ngìn đô là mất cả thời gian và tiền rồi.
=> Làm dự án nhỏ thôi. Dự án to thì bảo khách trả tiền đặt cọc trực tiếp. làm tuần nào trả tuần đó cho chắc.
Mất thời gian vc.
I am not someone who like to post reviews around, but freelancer.com did something that really upset me.
I signed up with freelancer.com long ago, back when they were still getafreelancer.com. For years things had been great, I am an employer who used the website to connect with freelancers. I had a 5-star profile, that is, all freelancers who worked with me in the past gave high remarks. I never leave anyone unpaid, whether the projects turn out to be good or bad.
It all started few months ago when I uploaded some funds to my account (via credit card), freelancer.com payment system charged me several times for that one deposit. I contacted their support and they keep escalating the issues without giving me a proper response. It seems like they are just not interested to solve it. After a while I got fed up with them and went to my bank to reverse the transactions.
I thought it all worked out. It is common sense that if I made a deposit of $30, and you ridiculously charged me several times up to $150, I would had to reverse the $120 transaction. But freelancer.com doesn't think so. Once the bank made the chargebacks they limit my account and asked me for verification (i.e. sending personal documents).
I told them it wasn't my fault that they made several unauthorized charges on my card and the bank reversed the transactions for me. With an experience like that, can I still trust them with my personal info? Their accountants or finance staff should liaise with me when I first contacted them, but no, I didn't receive any helpful response.I suggest they run through their accounting statement, by which they would find they had charged me for the same thing multiple times. But no, they refused to hear what I have to say, and they soon suspended my account, that means taking all the remaining money in it.
It doesn't matter that you took my money, I will forget it in a while. But I will post reviews on here and other websites so everyone can read it for a long time. If your company's credibility is affected, it is karma for what you did. I had been a good customer and never cause any problems for you all these years but then you brought this on me. Today you lost me forever, keep doing such business practices and tomorrow you may lose everyone else.
To everyone reading this, I do not recommend you use freelancer.com, they used to be good but this is no longer the case. Nowadays there are so many issues of financial dishonesty towards their users. Yes they may be a public listed company, but that doesn't matter if on the ground they treat people like you and me badly, and that somehow our money in their system may 'disappear'. Stay away, there are many better alternatives to go for.
This site Freelancer.com, requires you to pay to get the job, a clear scam.
I. e. it takes 10% from the total sum of job immediately after you bid and accept the job. And then if Employer simply would refuse to pay you and cancel the job then you will lost 10% of the posted job sum, it would go directly to Freelancer.com deep pockets. If you bid for $1000 job and you will be awarded this job, it is guaranteed $100 win for Freelancer.com. And there is no way you will get this $100 back.
When i have completed job according to a milestone(Completed translation of 7500 words. $ 250 USD), and sent him part of completed translation for verification, Employer demanded that i should deliver completed job to him for free (for 0(ZERO) payment). After i refused to deliver completed job FOR FREE, for 0(zero) payment, and sent him part of completed translation as a proof of its completion, then Employer elected job to a Dispute.
After Dispute was elected for Arbitration, Freelancer.com staff declared Employer as a winner, on the grounds that he was not satisfied since he did not received my job for free.
Quote from Freelancer.com Dispute Team:
"Milestone Payments are intended to be released upon the completion of all project requirements relevant to the Milestone. This includes the buyer's satisfaction with the seller's output."
It was a translation job that has taken 5 days to complete(10 000 words), and Employer was satisfied with translation of free sample he provided. After that Freelancer.com Dispute Team simply confirmed that i should have worked for free without any payment, and refused to release payment for me, solving dispute in favor of fraudulent Employer.
I have lost $25 for bidding on $250 worth job, and lost additional $12.50 for electing dispute to arbitrage. At all i have lost 5 full working days and $37.5 USD, thanks to Freelancer.com Dispute Team staff, who it seems support fraudulent Employers, since this simple fraud scheme got $25 (bid on project fee) directly in Freelancer.com deep pockets.
Avoid Freelancer.com like a plague.
Freelancer.com is very Fraudulent - Scam Artists - Cheats - Deceitful - Deceptive - Hoax!! They will charge your PayPal account over and over again for every small action performed on their account. And then, when you dispute a charge, they just withdraw money from your account in order to cover that dispute and then freeze your account.
DO NOT DO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! OF ANY KIND!!!
... I warned you
We had a very very bad experience with Freelancer.com There are no professionals and what you get for your money is the worse thing I ever experienced. We send 1400 USD to freelancer.com in 2011 and found only students from all over the world which have no idea from webdesign or other things. So were so frustrated, that we paused till 2014, when we saw that freelancer deduced from our account every month 10 USD dormant fee. But the worst thing: they have stolen all our resting money of 960 USD from our account. We have contracted a webdesigner from Mexico (we are also from Mexico) trough freelancer.com and released this 960 USD to him to realize a webproject for us. But Freelancer only paid 35 USD to him and all the rest of 925 USD is blocked and we cannot get it!!!! Our account is in zero and the mexican webdesigner will no longer wait for the money and quitted the job since he waited since september 2014. Freelancer.com forced him ti identify himself, he did it. Than freelancer.com forced us to identify us and we send a identification issued bu the mexican government, but it is still not enough for freelancer.com Now they want see our driver license, our bank account, they want to know what we discussed about our project and other things........ the only thing they want is that we give up and they can keep our money. But we will contact the police in Sydney and Commerce Chamber and we will post our experience all over the internet. It´s a real scamming site and they want only your money. What a f..... with this site.
Our claim number: (VZL-765-10392)
What has Freelancer.com done since the last week to solve our problem?
NOTHING else than send us new questionaries to prove our identity.......
What we have done since the last week to get our money back?
- we have reported Freelancer.com in ACORN (Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network)
- we have reported Freelancer.com by the Consumer Protection Commission from the Australian Government
- we have reported Freelancer.com by the Australian Taxation Buro because for sure they have not declared as their income the stolen money from their customers
- we have reported them to the Australian Embassy in Mexico
- we have reported Freelancer.com by the Mexican Police (it was a recomendation from the Australian Federal Police we have contacted), they will go in touch with the Australian Police. The Mexican Police recommend us not to send more personal data from us to Freelancer.com (for the supposed verfication process), because if they have already stolen our money, we don´t know what they will do with our personal data .....
What we will do the next days:
- we will contact international press which will write an article how we experienced Freelancer.com
- we will contact more australien relevated authorities
All 15 projects that have posted on Freelancer over the past few years have always had problems. Some just don't even bother to read the specs. Sometimes they do things that shows they don't really understand what they are doing. They make out they are one person when really they are a company. Some will bid but with no real intention of working. Sometimes they have even left unacceptable comments on my listed projects. If they are not interested then don't bother. Others can barely speak English.
I urge anyone to stay away from this company. No good will come of it.
Freelancer has always had a problem with anyone I have talked to in regards to validating your account, bullying others and overcharging.
Here's a new low though, they TOOK over $500 for a project that was done over 4 months ago and never notified me! This is a very new low and we are now working on federal actions as we have heard this happening to 20 other freelancers.
Freelancer.com is 100% unethical and doing ILLEGAL actions. Why else would they do it in a sneaky way?
Again, we have had to use countless measures and assistance from my lawyer to deal with other issues but this issue right here is an all time low! If there was a problem with the employee's account and they tricked Freelancer.com in regards to money, freelancers should not have to carry the financial burden and loose the money 4 MONTHS LATER!
Another absolutely negative review from me too!!! I did a project yesterday and requested withdrawal of the money to PayPal, but they declined the withdrawal with the reason "Funds originated from an account that is currently under review.". After contacting the support I found out that they have blocked my money because of an employer for which I have done work, 2 months ago! Before yesterday my account was at 0$ and now after receiving 60$ from 1-day project they told me that have to block 'in the past' some 77$. So not only I cannot take 60$, but I owe them also 17$ more because of some scammer! What a shame and what a stupid way to steal money from freelancers!!! I will join any collective blame against freelancer.com!
This is the 3rd time they do "Reversal" of milestone due to issues with employer account. My account "Finances" is now negative which mean if i get paid they will take my money.
Hi I am another victim of Freelance.com but instead of just writing and expressing my anger through reviews I have decided to file a case of 1 million AUD as compensation against them in the Australian court to change its’ illegal TOS and behavior. If you are a victim of this site kindly contact me at [email protected] It will save thousands of people to be the victim of this site.
Its a shitty scam site in big name got scammed $650 and support is just ignoring.
Have you been victim of freelancer.com?
Me too :( I have the case opened .... with not respond from freelancer.com
Do you know that: “Freelancer founder earns $235 million – while customers of the site are ripped off “
Freelancer, an Australian registered Internet company makes millions while abusing Australian consumer laws. Caution – use this site at your own risk as Freelancer takes no responsibility.
If you want to try to contact the management team: http://www.freelancer.com/info/management.php
Here is their direct email address and phone numbers:
Nikki Parker, Regional Director, North America, Australia & New Zealand, Tel +61 427 173 025, Email [email protected], or Evan Tan, Regional Director, South East Asia, Tel +63 908 882 8519, Email [email protected], or Jorge Azurin, Regional Director, Continental Asia, Tel +63-908-867-3373, Email [email protected], or Bill Little, Regional Director, Europe, Tel +44 (0) 7940 924555, Email [email protected], or Sebastian Siseles, Director Regional para Latinoamerica, Tel +54 911 32 60 07 30, Email [email protected]
If there is not result them please follow this direction below:
1. File a government internet crime complaint with: ic3.gov/default.aspx
2. Report fraud, visit: stopfraud.gov/report.html
3. File an online complaint with State Attorney General: oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
4. File a government consumer complaint with econsumer.gov/english/report/overview.shtm
5. Report to Australian Competition Consumer Commission: accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems
6. Report to Law Enforcement: aclei.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
7. Report to Scam watch: scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900 ; ALSO asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf/byheadline/Complaining+about+sales+offers+and+promotions+of+consumer+goods+and+services+ASIC+site+version?openDocument#State or territory consumer affairs
8. Report computer, internet-related, or intellectual property crime: justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/reporting.html#C4
9. File a complaint with Office of Fair Trading: fairtrading.qld.gov.au/make-a-complaint.htm also: acma.gov.au/Citizen/Take-action/Complaints
10. Contact investigative reporters from TV Channels and Newspapers / magazines and all you guys will provide evidences to them. Please save all your email received from freelancer.com
11. Register complaints with as many review sites as you can "Google Reviews, Yelp, Business reporters and other private organizations .... etc"
12. Post Blogs. Minimum 1 SEO article per day till you will see the result on google, yahoo and bing.com. Spread the word by posting on your blogs, create new blogs, Blog Comments, Guess Posts and invite others to share their similar stories they faced with freelancer.com etc. Please keep posting on all social media....
2 monhts ago (March 16th) I posted here my experience with freelancer.com.
400 USD was stolen from one of the "freelancers". I contacted Freelancer.com, it took them quite long time to start doing something but at least:
Fraudulent freelancer's profile has been suspended by freelancer.com.
No money was returned to me. (ok, my mistake and I paid for that)
But what is totally beyond my understanding:
Before they found him fraudulent and disable his account, he managed to give me a bad review, to his victim! Now, I asked freelancer.com to remove this review from my profile at least. NOT POSSIBLE! said freelancer.com. Only if that scammer would withdraw his own review:-) Which he obviously will not do as long as I managed to disable his account.
So my result is: 400 USD minus and I won 0 star review.