Charged us for items and services not received! Driver 2 hours late. Charged us for bubble wrap and boxes THEY DID NOT BRING. Pressured us to 'pay them extra in cash' to get around the company. Then intimidated and forced us to approve an extra £80 payment WE DID NOT AGREE WITH in order to get my items out of their van. DISGUSTING!! HUGE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO MY ITEMS AS WELL!
I sent over 20 photos of my damaged items to this company AND NO RESPONSE OR CARE!
Booking number: AV 703 1512
Still no resolution even though I provided photos of all damage, some of which was witnessed by my husband as the movers dropped my antique bear case in front of him and he heard it crack which I provided them photos of. They asked me to send details of all damaged items which I did and offered an insulting settlement of 60 gbp for 1085 gbp worth of damaged items with photo proof of all damages and a video taken before the move showing no damage to items. Scam artists who do not care!
There is also a phone call recording where they charged me twice for boxes and bubble wrap which they never brought and they are still refusing to listen to the phone call or refund both charges for the unprovided items.
- Black Sinamay and goose feather hat - 350 GBP
- Vintage Easter island statue - 235 GBP paid
- Antique one of a kind bird statue - 60 GBP paid
- Bookcases - 150 GBP, multiple damaged areas including crucial stabilization spots
- Mirrors (3), one antique silver, 2 black and white - paid 95 GBP for all three (75 GBP for silver, 20 GBP for others)
- Chip glass - need to buy a new kit to get this item, 20 GBP
- White tree from John Lewis - need to buy a new one as branches snapped off, 25 GBP
- Black tree from John Lewis - need to buy a new one as branches snapped off, 25 GBP
- red, white blue tree bobbles smashed, - 20 GBP to get replacements
- Small vintage Indonesian statues damaged - 25 GBP to fix/restore
- Bear case to protect antique bear - 80 GBP
WHEN I TOLD THIS WAS UNACCEPTIBLE, THEY SAID "As AnyVan is not in a regulated industry, nor are we a member of any trade organisations, it means we do not fall under the jurisdiction of any ombudsman or Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme (ADR)."
Clearly they are intent on ripping you off if anything of yours gets damaged instead of reaching a resolution!!