Vince Sant Review: Is VShred Legit?
VShred, headed by fitness guru Vince Sant, is a fast growing fitness brand that combines workouts, meal plans, and dietary supplements into a complete weight loss program.
How Does it Work?
The idea is to take the guesswork out of losing weight by providing customers with a structured set of workout routines and low calorie meals.
The company describes themselves as creating a “Fitness Movement” as they aim to keep their members engaged with the support of coaches and members’ groups.
However, not everyone is a fan of VShred and there’s been blowback to the company’s aggressive marketing strategies and persistent efforts to upsell customers on supplements.
Below we take a comprehensive look at the VShred ecosystem to see if their programs and products can really help people lose weight or if it’s just hype.
The VShred Quiz
The advertising for VShred lures you in with an invitation to take a short quiz to find the perfect custom weight loss plan for your body type.
First you'll be asked to answer a few basic questions regarding:
- Activity Level
- Body appearance
- Weight-loss goals
Then you'll be led to a video where Vince introduces you to his program and explains the segment you fall into.
This will vary slightly for men and women but essentially the program separates people into 3 categories:
- Endomorph - Large amounts of body fat and a rounder body shape. Can put on weight very easily.
- Mesomorph - Strong build with an athletic and muscular shape, can gain and lose weight easily.
- Ectomorphs - Tall, lean, lithe with not much muscle. People in this category have a hard time putting on weight or building muscle.
These designations, called Somatotypes, originated from a disputed psychology theory that posited a relationship between body types and personality traits.
Depending on your Somatotype, you will be suggested a macronutrient breakdown that shows how many calories you should be eating along with the percentages of fats, proteins, and carbs.
The post quiz video also lays out the fundamentals of their flagship program, Fat Loss Extreme.
- A Body Type Specific Diet
- HIIT Exercise Program
- And Metabolic Confusion
Overall we find the video and quiz to be part of a sophisticated sales funnel that employs virtually every online sales trick.
- Prolonged video that perpetually teases a secret answer
- A personal story to appeal to audience emotions
- Positioning VShred as the only solution to your unique problem
- Making you believe all other options will fail or are too expensive
- Drastic price cuts off the “true” cost of the product
- A barrage of value add bonuses
If the program ultimately works for you then these types of sales strategies may be overlooked, but it does show the company to be highly sales driven.
Does VShred Work?
The exercise portion of the programs make use of a strategy known as HIIT (high-intensity interval training). HIIT is an effective was to exercise because it allows you to cut down on your overall work out time while achieving results.
Science on HIIT
There are many studies showing the benefits of adding HIIT workouts to a weekly routine.
There is evidence suggesting that this type of exercise can have better fat-loss results than steady state workouts like jogging. Another study found that HIIT workouts can help with symptoms of depression.
There are also some studies that support the claims of the time saving effectiveness of HIIT workouts, with research stating that they can be done as little as 3x per week, requiring just 10 minutes of peak intensity exercise.
Finally, in one research, study participants stated that they found HIIT more enjoyable than continuous moderate intensity exercise, which can bode well for retention rates.
Downsides of HIIT
- They can be difficult and require you to push yourself to levels of maximum effort, something that not all people are used to doing.
- Generally easier if you have a decent starting level of fitness
- There is some potential for injury
- Potential to make you dizzy.
The VShred meal plans are designed to help you completely control what you eat, down to the ounce.
Vshred.com states that the program is designed for you to buy the bulk of your ingredients ahead of time and portion them out throughout the month.
The meal plan also repeats itself which, according to VShred, accomplishes several things.
- Gets you used to portion control
- Allows for more economical shopping
- Trains you in food measurements
Vince Sant says that the last point is very important and uses an example of grabbing a handful of nuts to demonstrate. An unmeasured scoop may seem harmless until you see that you could easily be doubling your snack’s calorie count.
These seemingly innocuous extra calories can add up over the course of a day to put you well above your daily caloric requirements.
VShred Programs and Supplements
- Extreme Fat Loss for Him/Her - $47
- Ripped in 90 Days - $47
- 30 Day Move at Home Program - $47
- Toned in 90 Days - $57
- VSU University - $1 trial
- Clean Bulk - $87
- Six-Pack Shred - $19.99
- Strength Building Arms - $19.99
- Strength Building Booty Builder - $34.95
- Weight Loss Recipe Guide - $14.95
- VShred Accelerator+ - Custom Price
VShred sells their own line of supplements through the Sculpt Nation brand.
While they state that adding supplements to one of their weight loss programs is not required, they do market their brand of supplements to customers rather aggressively.
Sculpt Nation supplements include:
- Burn Evolved 2.0 - Claimed to be a fat burner that speeds up your metabolism.
- Test Boost Max - Claims to contain natural testosterone boosting plant extracts.
- HGH Boost - Claimed to promote production of the human growth hormone. Key ingredients include colostrum and amino acids.
- Burn PM - Claimed to help you lose weight through improved sleep and recovery. Includes common sleep supplement ingredients such as L-tryptophan and Melatonin.
All of these supplements are priced at $49 per jar.
Overall Sculpt Nation sells a version of every popular genre of supplement, covering everything from pre and post workout to probiotics and nootropics.
VShred provides a robust FAQ page and a variety of contact options.
If you have questions or issues you can email customer service at [email protected]. You can also submit a ticket though their online contact form at Vshred.com/contact.
The company offers a 30-day money back guarantee on all their digital products.
If you wish to cancel your subscription to VShred University you will have to contact customer service directly.
Their return policy for physical products (supplements) states that: there is a “100% Lifetime Money Back Guarantee for all Sculpt Nation products purchased from SculptNation.com”
Customer Reviews & Complaints
Given the popularity of VShred and their prominent online ads across all social media platforms there has been a lot of feedback about the programs, both from professionals and customers.
If you google VShred reviews one of the first results that pops up is from a registered Dietician.
In her scathing analysis of Vince Sant and VShred she puts forth a number of red flags that she sees in the programs and product claims.
Some of these include:
- Misrepresentation of scientific evidence used to make their product claims
- Backlash from fitness professionals
- Promises of massive weight-loss
- Some of the meal plans promote unsustainably low daily calorie amounts
- Misogynistic marketing content
- Unsubstantiated supplement claims
When you look at the actual customer reviews of the VShred programs and supplements, the overall picture is not much better.
On TrustPilot VShred has a score of 2.6 / 5 from 2,600 reviews.
With the BBB VShred has an A- rating and is accredited, however they have an average customer rating of 3.73 / 5 from 500+ customer reviews.
Some of the customer complaints point out:
- Persistent sales pressure
- Issues during onboarding with the Accelerator+ Custom Coaching Plan
- Felt the programs were not worth the money
- Unclear ordering process
- Custom meal plans did not reflect customer's personal preferences
- Barrage of marketing spam emails
Pros of VShred
- Active and supportive community
- Many customers achieved weight loss
- Favorable return policy
- App kept users focused in and out of the gym
Despite the presence of customer complaints, one important positive to note is that you can see VShred customer service reps reply to negative reviews and attempt to resolve issues with unhappy clients.
In most cases VShred issue a refund, unless it was a custom program, in which case there are no refunds since your coach has already prepared the materials for you.
Competitors and Alternatives
There is no shortage of online workouts or apps to guide you on your health journey. You can easily find one tailored to the type of workout you want to do with everything from yoga and pilates to hard core gym routines.
You can check out our article on some of the best equipment and fitness apps around.
It’s important to understand that there are no secrets or magic bullets to health and fitness.
The best thing you can do is look for something that you will actually enjoy doing, whether that’s a home exercise machine, follow along video workouts, or something that lets you sample a variety of styles like Classpass.
Combining regular movement, a diet devoid of processed and sugary foods, and some kind of stretching or mindfulness practice should be more than enough to kick start a healthful transformation.
Is VShred Legit?
Most people that follow the VShred meal and workout plans should see some type of weight loss and muscle gain.
HIIT is a proven workout style that relies on pushing your heart rate to max levels, resulting in a number of health benefits. Combining that with a low calorie diet plan should produce results.
Further, studies have found that low calorie diets may lower your metabolism and, once dieters return to non-restricted eating, 80% may regain the weight.
Not to mention the amount of body image and eating disorders that can arise from overly structured low calorie diets.
The fact that VShred is a marketing machine that inundates customers with images of 'perfect' bodies and advertisements for various fat burning supplements does not seem like a recipe for long term success.
If you have any experience with Vince Sant's VShred or their products, please leave your reviews below.
You may also be interested in
Vince Sant - VShred Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By: