I've had many problems with this Silverscript Drug Plan. I can't wait until December, when I can change to another plan. I will never get another plan that uses CVS Caremark. Some of my complaints:
1) I was sent the wrong kind of insulin and it took me 5 months to resolve the issue. I had to file a written complaint and wait and wait until somebody in the complaint dept. resolved the issue in my favor and allowed me to return the drug and get a refund for the money they took out of my credit card. Then just a few days later, another person from Aetna called me and said that he was going to evaluate the complaint. I told him it had already been resolved and gave him the name of the person I had talked with. He had no record of the resolution and said didn't know that person!
2) The CVS Caremark web portal is a disaster. Very user-unfriendly. I don't know how many older people could even use it. It kept creating untimely and unwanted orders for my insulin and "reminding" me to approve the order. I denied the orders because I didn't need any more insulin and in fact had over a 3 months supply at home. I was unable to delete these extra orders from my Caremark portal--in fact, I called customer service to ask how to do it and they didn't know, either!
3) Caremark has very poor customer service. No matter what phone number you call, all of your calls go to the overseas customer service. It isn't the people that are bad, but the policies they have to follow. It seems that they aren't allowed to make big decisions. On one call, I asked to speak to the supervisor and was told that she was too busy to talk to me. I asked to file a written report and the customer service person said SHE had to write it. (She read it back and it wasn't what I wanted her to say.) Then when I asked her for a copy of what she had written, she said that wasn't possible. Be prepared to spend 1/2 to over an hour on the phone with customer service. Nothing is fast.
4) When you ask for a return label to send back your unwanted order, it takes the customer service person about 15 minutes to do the paperwork while you are waiting on the phone in silence. They want to MAIL the return label to a person. (I tried that, and it never arrived in the mail). You have to make a special request to have them email it to you, (another 15 minutes waiting) and then it takes 1-3 days for the email to arrive. Unbelievably inefficient!
5) Despite placing myself on "no automatic refills" I recently received another shipment of insulin that I had neither ordered nor approved and didn't need. My guess is that the Caremark web portal created this unwanted order (this would be the third time) and didn't notify me to either approve or deny it, and just went ahead and sent it. Crazy. I was not on automatic refill and was supposed to be notified by email every time a change was made to my account.
6) The Caremark portal is unable to keep track of any meds I get from a local pharmacy that is not a CVS. I switched my prescriptions from the local CVS to Kroger because the CVS store went out of business. Yet, my web portal keeps saying that I have prescriptions that need to be filled at CVS. Even though the Silverscript plan is paying for the prescriptions I get at my Kroger pharmacy and should know what it has reimbursed, the web portal is not able to keep track of these.
In short, to describe Silverscript and CVS Caremark I would say “the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing.”