1) November 16th, 2018: I decided to make a purchase of a product advertised as MindInsole. I went through the payment process and indicated that I wanted to pay using PayPal. When I got to the purchase screen, I should have taken a screen shot, I was told my purchase did not go through and I was prompted to enter my credit card information. I didn’t want to do that, so I went back through the process and tried to place my order again. I received the same message, “your purchase through PayPal did not complete, would you like to complete this purchase using your credit card?” After that point I left it. I expected that my purchases did not go through.
2) Later the same day November 16th, 2018: I received two notifications from PayPal that I had placed orders. I thought it looked weird. Sure enough there were two purchases for $79.19 USD. I immediately contacted PayPal and told them what had happened, they opened a case. It was explained to me that their protocol is to contact the seller, if the seller does not respond to PayPal in 10 days, they would refund my purchase of the second item.
3) After contacting PayPal I received two emails from [email protected] one email arrived on November 16th, the other on November 18th. I have two different order confirmation numbers. In the body of the email it states that it could take up to 30 days for shipping and delivery. In the email it states that I made both purchases on November 15, 2018. Order #1: 43411669, Order #2: 43412337. In the body of the email it says this: How long does it take to get my order?
Due to high demand, please allow us up to 30 days for shipping and delivery from the date of your order.
4) I waited for a response or an update from PayPal and I received nothing, so on November 24th I contacted [email protected]. They responded on November 27, 2018 and offered to give me a 30% refund off the price of the second order. I promptly replied on November 27th, declining the 30% discount and stating that I would still like to cancel one of the orders. They responded on December 3rd indicating that it was too bad but the order had already gone to the warehouse and could not be cancelled, and that once I received the product I would have to pay the shipping to return it to them. I responded on December 4th that I was unhappy with this information.
5) It is now December 18th, I have not received a shipping notification, a tracking number or anything to indicate that my order has been shipped or that it ever will be. Yesterday, I contacted PayPal and opened a second dispute, regarding the promised timeframe of the shipped item (30 Days). I have paid Swell eComm (MindInsole) a total of $158.38 USD and have not received any product from them. They did not respond to my last email on December 4th and it seems as though PayPal will not do anything about either the duplicate purchases or the lack of a delivered product.
6) After doing some on-line research, looking at product reviews there seems to be a trend of not delivering product or delivering a poor quality product and not allowing the purchaser to return the product. This company has also been flagged by the Better Business Bureau.