BLXBuds are a brand of earbuds claimed to use the latest technology to bring users unprecedented sound quality combined with long lasting battery life.
The company sells BLXBuds directly to consumers through catchy online ads designed to look like magazine articles.
Below we take a closer look at the product, the company's customer service, and what customers have to say about these new Bluetooth wireless earbuds.
How Do BLXBuds Work?
The company makes a lot of claims about these earbuds, stating that what makes them so unique is that they’ve combined a variety of high-end features all in one low-cost package.
They state that their engineers have developed BLXBuds to have:
- Bluetooth connectivity to any device
- One-click noise cancelation
- Deep base
- 16+hr battery life
- Case with built in charging
- Sweat resistance
- Dual Microphones
The BLXBuds have a range of control options when listening to music or answering calls. The user manual explains how to access these features and what pressing the side buttons does.
The company published the full specs on the product. So of the details are as follows:
IOS, Android, PC Compatible
TWS Dual stereo wireless, Dual microphone call
Full charge for Earbuds: About 1 hour
Full charge for Case: About 1.5 hours
Play time: 4.5 hours
Email: [email protected]
We found two different addresses for this company:
Quality Performance Limited
377 Valley Rd #1123
Clifton, NJ 07013
COMPLETE PERFORMANCE COMMERCE PTE LTD SINGAPORE
33 Ubi Avenue 3, #08-03
If you’re looking for answers to common questions or are not getting a response form customer service, you can try their FAQ section for help at https://support.blxbuds.com/hc/en-us.
The order page states that BLXBuds have a 30-day guarantee on unused purchases.
To qualify for a refund you will have to return ship the earbuds in the original unopened package for a full refund or replacement.
Their terms and conditions state that “For hygiene reasons, in-ear headphones cannot be returned unless they are faulty.”
The company terms also state that you may be charged a fee if you try to cancel your order after submitting it.
Cost and Price Plans
You can buy one set of BLXBuds for $49.99. They website offers discounts if you purchase additional units.
BLXBuds Customer Reviews & Complaints
Customer reviews for BLXBuds are very mixed.
There is a listing for BLX Earbuds on Amazon and it appears to be the same product as found on BLXBuds.com.
Some users have enjoyed the product and feel that for the cheaper price it is acceptable. Others have reported difficulties with their earbuds and would not recommend them.
Customer complaints state that the sound quality is subpar and is especially bad for voice calls.
There is also a consensus that the noise canceling is not as advertised and there is nothing special being done outside of simply blocking your ear canals.
We also found negative reviews for BLXBuds on Reddit, where users complained of long shipping times, extra charges, and poor customer service in addition to the sound quality issues.
You can also find additional customer complaints on other product review sites.
Are BLXBuds Legitimate?
It would be difficult to recommend this brand for users looking for high quality Bluetooth earbuds. Based on online customer reviews it does not seem that BLXBuds is a high quality product and will likely end up having issues.
It may be tempting to take advantage of the lower price when compared to big brand alternatives such as Airpods, but in the end you usually get what you pay for.
The BLXBuds are not manufactured by an established electronics brand and do not provide the type of customer support that those companies do.
This is simply a wholesale off-brand electronics item that marketing companies purchase and advertise online through gimmicky sales websites.
BLXBuds may work for some people and can serve as adequate listening devices, but do not expect them to be on the level of high-end competitors.
Their customer service team does make an effort to reply to online complaints, but it’s unclear if buyers end up with a favorable outcome.
The company's refund policy seems deliberately written in a way that allows them to deny refunds based on customers having worn the earbuds.
At this time it just seems like a safer bet to order from an established company such as Apple, Bose, or Beats.
If you have any experience with BLXBuds, please leave your reviews below.
You may also be interested in
BLXBuds Customer Reviews
Sort Reviews By:
A decent headphone for the observant user.
So there is a learning curve on these earbuds. But if you remotely have any patience you'll figure it out and be fine.
Right off the bat, it wasn't evident that there was a plastic protector over the charging nodes you need to remove that to charge them. it's a little piece of plastic on there for shipping. I nearly thought I had to send them back but I figured it out.
Once charged I had to pair the two with each other. To do that I needed to look at the guide. But you just put them in the charged holder. Double-tap the earbuds to sync them to each other, they'll both get a little light on.
Once that happened and they were both charged. The fit on these was perfect. They are very comfortable and didn't move or feel like they'd fall out.
Haven't done a call on them. But I don't care about that. The audio that played was decent I'd say they're a higher range of a middle-of-the-road earbud.
I don't feel ripped off for what I paid. But they didn't work perfectly out of the box, which might tick off a tightly wound person. I really like how the charging case has a digital number for how much power is in there in percent. I bought mine off Amazon. I'm curious how long the battery will work for.
WORST Customer Service EVER & the Product is EVEN FAR WORSE
If I could give BLXBUDS Customer Support and the Product a -10 Stars I would.
1. Their Customer Support is NON Existent. I purchased a set of BLXBUDS on 11-1-22. It took them 12 days to acknowledge my Order.
2. It took them 14 days + to Ship my order. On 1-14-22 I got the Shipping Notification with a USPS Tracking #.
3. By 11-21-22 they had NOT given my order to USPS, and I got a notice that "Re: Ken, Your order is still open, finish it before we run out of stock!" Even though I had a Order # & a Tracking # They could NOT find my Order.
4. Between 11-1-22 and 11-21-22 I E-mailed them Multiple times and each time I was Promised, "Thanks for contacting customer support!
A ticket has now been opened for you and is being prioritized by the team.
Thank you for your patience and we will be in touch shortly!" Notice a specific # was NEVER Offered, and after 5 days, I got crickets. ZERO, NADA, -0- RESPONSE.
5. I finally told them if they will NOT respond to what I E-Mailed them, I was going to Return Them, If I Ever Got them.
6. I received them, I think, I NEVER OPENED THE Package, Thursday, 12-1-22 and sent them back to them, UNOPENED, Friday 12-2-22.
7. Every third day, after I sent them the Return on the Package, I ask them to tell WHERE to send a Return? No courtesy of a return E-Mail to answer where?
8. 15 days later, I got a package in my mail box that looked like the one I put in a Large Manilla Envelop and sent to them.
9. I received notice from USPS that my Return Package was delivered to them 12-20-22?
10. NO Courtesy E-Mail, that they had received anything, or NOTHING.
11. I Disputed the Charge to my Discover Card, and going in my favor, the Discover Card opened another investigation and after a month, they chose in my favor and issued a credit.
12. So I decided to open the package that came back to me.
13. My Android Phone, and My HP Windows 10 laptop, BOTH on Blue tooth, Recognize the BLXBUDS, not as BLXBUDS but as "PR BT BCD6." When they attempt to pair they both give pin numbers that are different each time they attempt to pair.
The BLXBUDS on some reviews have lights or buttons across the charge case but mine has a number that started at 99 and went to 100.
On some reviews the BUDS themselves appear to have a button on the lower part of the BUD, but the one I have has NO Button.
1. I had a difficult time getting the BLXBUDS to me.
2. Once I got them, I COULD NOT get them back.
3. Now the little light on the BUDS do NOT light.
4. And the D([email protected]#$%^&*...)M DOES NOT WORK.
5. THEY WILL CONNECT WITH NOTHING.
I look forward to hearing from you, telling me what I did wrong, or convincing me, that BLXBUDS are a Great Product.
Customer Service is the worst I have ever experienced
Do not recommend
Don't waste your money or time
They Won't Send Back Refund On Unused Blx Buds
They are horrible
Bought 5 pairs. Two boxes opened. Reasonable hearing quality why the microphones only transmit a garbled non-understandable speech.
Have received a stream of nonsense e-mails from what the call Customer Service, but absolutely no support. BLX will also not provide any return address despite many reminders.
Don't let you be fooled by this product and the company. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THEM AS POSSIBLE !!!
It looks like we have all been fooled, very sad there are bad lazy people.
Avoid this scam at all costs, I thought I ordered 1 pair of ear buds. My credit card shows 2 charges of $58.94 each. I am disputing the charges. After 2 week I've received nothing by mail and customer support requires me to leave a voice mail. Don't fall for the product claims, inaccurate pricing and the lack of transparency of this "company."