Luxoft Poland represents itself as an IT company on the front line of the innovations. But in the reality it's just another "bodyshop". They are not making any own projects or even projects for their customers. Luxoft just "re-seller" of the people.
Typical practice: Luxoft gets the request - or even just a hint - from their customers (in Poland it's mostly the banks) that they need the team of X people. Luxoft immediately starts looking for, hiring and relocating specialists with given profiles. IF for some reason the hint appeared to be a fake - they immediately fire bunch of people. This for example happened with their accounts in Krakow (Poland) in 2016 and in Gdynia (Poland) last month. Because they have only one customer in each Polish city there is no chance they will find you any other project in that city. So if people want to stay with them - Luxoft asks to relocate to new site and offer decrease in the salary.
Here are the pros and cons about the company:
- relocation package
- good people in the team you're working with
- more or less freedom of using technologies that team wants
- if you're lucky - the customer's projects can be interesting
- good experience to work with the people spread around the globe
- if you're unlucky - customer projects very boring
- Luxoft doesn't have its own development offices
- All people are working as "consultants" at customer's sites
- Management very short-sight and doesn't really care about long-term perspectives
- Hiring-firing people in bunches
- Luxoft don't invest in your training, team building etc.
- Unclear how to get the salary raise or promotion
When considering their offer - from the very beginning treat it as a temporary job. So try to:
- negotiate the highest salary possible plus risk premium - bear in mind that your project (and your team) can be cut in 6-8 months
- don't accept any promises about bonuses, promotions and bright perspectives
- negotiate a good relocation package - ask Luxoft to cover all your and your family expenses including visas, work permit expenses, luggage, tickets, temporary flat for at least one month (they usually offer only 2 weeks)