Ideal Protein Diet Reviews
About Ideal Protein Diet
The Ideal Protein Diet is both a weight loss plan and an institution created by Dr. Tran Tein Chanh, an award winning graduate of the Faculty of Medicine, in Paris, France.
According to their website, while many people are able to find the motivation and focus to lose weight over the short term, they gain it back after they finish their diet because they have not made the appropriate lifestyle changes.
Ideal Protein says their program is different, because they are focused on the education and understanding of their clients so they can lose the weight and keep it off.
How Does It Work?
Clients who are interested in working with the Ideal Protein system must first find a center in their area that is taking new clients. Once they have connected with a center, they will begin their program which is divided into four phases.
The first two phases are intended to help you set and achieve your weight loss goals, which the third and fourth phases will focus on your weight stabilization and post diet habits. Throughout the entire process you will be assisted by a personal coach.
The Ideal Protein Diet does not openly publish any costs of their program, though potential clients should be aware that initially costs will include meals, diet shakes, beverages, snacks, and supplements, as well as the coaching sessions and other lifestyle options. In general the diet is often described as "expensive," especially during Phase 1 when you expected to eat the majority of their food.
In accordance with not publishing any of their pricing, they also do not publish any refund or money back policies they may have. After you find an Ideal Protein Diet center in your area but before you enroll, you should make sure to have answers to these questions.
Customer Service Contact Info
Customers who would like to speak with a Customer Service representative can call them directly at 866-314-4447, or they also provide an option to email customer service at [email protected]
Like all diets, this one has its supporters and detractors. Many of the supporters really enjoy how personalized this diet is to their own lifestyle and body, while the detractors others really have a problem with the expensive costs of the food and supplements you must purchase in the beginning.
Is It Safe?
There does not seem to be any complaints regarding the safety of this institution.
Competitors and Alternatives?
There are so many diet and lifestyle choices out there for people who are interested in losing weight, but two which promote their own personal foods and supplements to make this process easier include Body by Vi from Visalus and the Medifast diet.
If you have any experience with this company or their products, please leave your Ideal Protein Diet reviews below.
1 ‘Ideal Protein Diet’ Review
Effectiveness I'd say 5-stars, but it's pricey so 4-stars is my review.
Ideal Protein is a very low carb type diet. If you follow it you will definitely loose weight. I found it easier to follow than other plans, but don't get me wrong - it still takes a lot of mental stamina not to cheat. I must, however, give it credit that I found it easier (not easy), but easier not to cheat with this system.
Price is around $400/month - but keep in mind this replaces two meals a day and a snack. So you're really only purchasing your own food for 1 meal a day. (Subtract the cost off for your own food you'de normally buy, I figured the real cost was maybe $100-$200/month)
Here is what I liked:
1. It's easier not to cheat, and it absolutely works if you follow it. (Keep in mind you're only eating about 1200 calories per day - so anyone will loose weight if you follow it)
2. You check in with your coach every week - psychologically I found this helps since you are held accountable to someone.
3. If you follow the plan - you'll lose weight quickly (3-5 lbs weekly)
4. One weird psychological trick - since the plan is on the expensive side, I realized the way to make it less expensive was not to cheat - so I could be done faster. It actually helped me not cheat a lot. Didn't expect that ahead of time, but for what it's worth.
What you need to know:
1. This is a really aggressive weight loss plan. You force your body into Ketosis. If you have problems with kidney stones, etc it can cause you to get kidney stones.
2. On the positive side keeping your body in Ketosis for 21 days (according to ideal protein) almost eliminates insulin resistance which is a big reason other plans have a harder time keeping the weight off.
3. When you go into Ketosis for the first 3-4 days you may feel grumpy. Just warning you, but this does go away. On the flip side after 5-10 days you really start to have a lot more energy, which is really nice, I also think I experienced more mental clarity. Might have just been me, but I was definitely less lethargic, more energetic, and not just physically, also mentally which felt really nice.
So if you're ready to do something that actually works, and you've got the discipline to stick to it - then definitely do it. But if you're just going to cheat, then you'll be wasting a lot of money.
One last thing - if you're on the fence. You don't have to pay for a month at a time or anything, you can do it week by week. So I'd recommend find a local Dr. who does Ideal Protein - do it for a week and see if it works for you - at worst you lost a week of time and $100 bucks, but then you'll know if it works for you.