Digital Hunter Reviews
About Digital Hunter
Digital Hunter is an online electronics store that specializes in digital SLR cameras, camcorders, lenses, and accessories from several different brands, including Canon, Nikon, and Sony.
SLR, or single lens reflex, cameras are high end or professional grade cameras, because unlike digital cameras with an LCD screen preview, they allow parts to be interchanged, which allows for better customization.
Digital Hunter promises top notch customer service and claims that all their representatives are highly trained in the latest camera technology and therefore will be able to answer all your questions regarding recent or prospective purchases.
An average purchase from Digital Hunter can save customers up to 30% of retail prices, and come with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee return policy.
If you have questions or problems, customer service can be contacted by email or by phone during business hours.
5 ‘Digital Hunter’ Reviews
Luckily, I posted their "Too good to be true" prices with EXTRA3 "Discount" on the Canon forum and they linked me right back to this review site. Luckily, I didn't order that 7D and that EF-S 17-55 IS F2.8 lens. Wow..... How can anyone allow this to continue. They should be sued!
Still waiting for a refund of $1,099.00 after more than 2 weeks. CSRs oversell like mad. Tried to call customer service to secure a RMA so I can return the camera. Their phone number isn't working.
WORST COMPANY I'VE EVER DONE "BUSINESS" WITH.
Check out digitalhunter.com reviews on the internet BEFORE even thinking of shopping there!!!!
Horrible customer service, shipping takes weeks, impossible to get a hold of on the phone. This is obviously some "one-man-basement" operation. It is NOT a legit business and they are SCAMMING folks all over town.
They also have inflated their "rating" on nextag.com by submitting fake "positive" reviews!!!
I called to purchase a camera , gave my credit card # , and found out the battery and charger do not come with it, which means they strip it from canon to make extra money... at this point, nothing went through as i did not agree to buying the charger, battery, etc. so i said , sorry, can't do this, something is fishy.This was for the canon 5d Mark II
three days later i get an email that i purchased a totally different camera, the 7d, chargers, warranty, etc. I did not at all agree to this!!! THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!!!!!! i told them to listen to the recordings and they lied about that too, saying I did do this. I did not say anything about purchasing the 7d~!!!!
They are "willing" to refund the amount of the 7d camera, but not anything else, which now we're out 300 dollars. Oh, don't worry, we will be writing reviews for them, and also contacting our credit card company, and BBB. This is THEFT, and fraud.
"BUYER BEWARE - BUYER BEWARE - BUYER BEWARE - BUYER BEWARE
NEVER WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MERCHANT AGAIN!!!
05JUL11 - The sales rep talked me into two sigma lenses vs the canon lenses I was going to purchase.
25JUL11 - I later returned them and ordered the two lenses I was going to purchase.
Now the problem begins.
- Problem 1: They fail to alert you that the item you are ordering is not in stock when the order is first placed.
- Problem 2: They fail to provide an invoice showing the returned product credit and breakdown for new items. Still no invoice after repeated phone requests.
- Problem 3: They do ship one of the two lenses but the 2nd lense is supposedly "back-ordered". I had to place over 15 calls to still learn that the remaining camera lense has still not shipped in TWO MONTHS (JUL25-OCT5).
- Problem 4: They will provide you with an estimated shipping date and item never ships. Nor do they contact you to update you.
- Problem 5: After I finally get fed up and cancel the 2nd lense, THEY NEVER REFUND the amount to my credit card. They will tell you it will be processed in 24/48hrs and NEVER gets processed. (Calls placed 10/5, 11/2, 11/4, 11/7)
- Problem 6: They will even provide you with a credit confirmation and transaction ID in an email but NEVER PROCESS THE CREDIT. Even phone calls to the customer service manager does not get the credit processed!! WHAT A SCAM!
I will NEVER do business with this company again and will tell everyone I know to save yourself the hassle!!!!! Therefore, BUYER BEWARE!!! I wish I would have read some of the other reviews before I placed my order with this merchant. They should have their visa privileges revoked.
The cheap price is NOT WORTH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE HEADACHE."